Your career at Finlandia
Welcome to the ultimate retail destination to find employment in the natural health industry in Vancouver. Do you have an interest in health, herbs, vitamins, or supplements? Join other career-minded people who have successfully combined their passion for the industry with a challenging, fun and rewarding job. Job opportunities in the natural health industry are growing. Finding a career and working in our industry goes hand-in-hand with sustainable, positive choices that benefit the individual and our environment. Your passion to work here, combined with your education and other skills, will give you the opportunity to become one of our team members. And remember – It is not a job. It is a passion.
Finlandia is hiring an new marketing assistant! Join Finlandia’s ever growing team and learn what it is like to be marketing in the natural health industry. We have multiple departments with lots of interesting work. As the Marketing Assistant, you will be give multiple tasks in areas of branding, design, analytics, advertising, and communications. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Communicating with vendors about their already purchased advertising initiatives
- Billing, implementation, and follow-through
- Helping design brochures, gift cards, product sheets and posters on InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- The software skill must already exist at a beginner to intermediate level.
- Creating content for email blasts and in-store communication
- Assist in sponsorship search and collaborations
- Other marketing and advertising tasks
- Projects and days will change on a regular. The ability to multi-task and change priorities is beneficial.
- Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, and Microsoft at a beginner level
- Ability to work with many people at one time: vendors, purchasing manger, and front store manager
- Organization and multi-tasking
- Diligent in follow instructions
- Creative and innovative brainstorming
- Comfortable with analytics and using excel to create spreadsheets
- Marketing and/or business background
This is a contract job. The position will be for 6 months with the possibility of an extension or moving into part-time work.
Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Wage: $15-16. Based on marketing and business experience.
Supervisor: Marketing Manager
Days of the Week:
- 4 days per week
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday
- 5 hours per day
Please send a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
Herbalist – Full and Part Time (Posted July 17, 2017)
We are looking for a full and/or part time herbalist to help in our herbal department. Position is available immediately. This position operates within an integrated team of herbalists dedicated to customer service and offering herbal health alternatives to our customers. Within our dispensary, we custom compound herbal products such as tinctures, teas, creams, essential oils and suppositories, to the specifications of professionals and public alike. We also manage an extensive inventory of herbal materials.
- May involve weekdays and/or weekend shifts
- Flexibility for covering shifts is an asset
- Certified herbalist or equivalent experience
- Experience with herbal medicine making
- Comfortable with compounding independently or with supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Detail oriented and able to keep careful records of information
- Able to liaise with health care professionals and general public
- Able to multitask
- Friendly, professional and caring attitude
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Basic computer skills required (MS Word, Windows)
- Educational credentials or relevant work experience in herbalism/natural health would be a great benefit
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask and handle a lot of details
- Comfortable working independently or within a team
- Familiarity with herbal dispensary procedures and terminology
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator
Product Specialist – Full and Part Time (Posted July 17, 2017)
This is full time and/or part time product specialist position assisting customers in optimizing their health through the use of natural supplements. Candidates with a flexible schedule could lead to picking up shifts for absent employees or vacation relief if needed.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Assisting customers with finding and selecting products
- Educating customers on health and lifestyle choices
- Suggesting protocols and supplements to support an individual’s health needs
- Referring to practitioners
- Answering phones and responding to inquiries
- Other daily support duties
- Educational credentials or relevant work experience in natural health. Examples of educational credentials would be a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Naturopath, Homeopath, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Team oriented
Registered Massage Therapist – Full and Part Time (Posted June 21, 2017)
Finlandia is seeking an energetic and motivated RMT to see patients on a full time basis. This position is available immediately. The ideal candidate would be looking to build their business at Finlandia with PART-TIME to FULL-TIME hours. Clients are available right away.
- Certification license from accredited school of Massage Therapy and licensed in B.C.
- Strong clinical assessment knowledge and massage treatment skills
- Must have strong desire to improve and correct our client’s health problems
- Perform prep work, maintain a clean, hygienic and safe work environment
- Self-motivated and excellent organizational skill (maintaining accurate client records)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- Highly responsible, punctual, and reliable
- Professional appearance
To submit your resume, please fill out the following form: